Elluminate is a web-conferencing tool that allows you to connect with colleagues and students using text chat, voice, video, and desktop sharing. Elluminate compresses all the data -- even voice and video -- in such a way that even folks on dial-up connections can participate.
Two related tools from Elluminate that are great for teachers:
- Publish- convert Elluminate recording to video for uploading to YouTube, iTunes or other services
- Plan- organize and time Elluminate sessions in advance
Free resource from Elluminate - LearnCentral.org
- What is a v-Room?
- A free 3-seat Elluminate virtual meeting room that has all the features of the full version of Elluminate, except recording
- Good for virtual office hours and group work
- Social networking platform geared toward teaching and learning
- Access to free larger Elluminate rooms to hold Learn Central Events